Monday, September 5, 2011

Unexpected inspiration

I have mentioned in other posts about the fact that we have moved. We lived in our home for 7 years. My baby was in second grade when we moved there, now she is a freshman in high school, and not the high school she expected to go to for most of her life, which I'm sure you can understand is quite a change in her life and 14 year olds don't do change well. So, when we looked at the house that we wound up renting, the previous tenants had stenciled some inspirational words on a couple walls. Our first thought was to paint over them, because I thought it was weird to have words on the wall. However the day we moved in she and I both decided that maybe we will keep them for a while.

This is what is painted on the wall in her bedroom. "If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies" totally appropriate to help her through the change she is going through right now.


This is what is painted in the breakfast area of the family room. Besides the change of our move, I have mentioned my recent diagnosis of diabetes in previous posts, therefore I have decided that I might keep this as well, because I need a reminder now and then that "Life is beautiful".

No comments: